ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Whitlock" <>
Subject Problem with Class-Path in Manifest
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:27:08 GMT
                I am currently having to add jars to my Class-Path
manually like so:
<property name="runtime.classpath" value="../lib/concurrent.jar
../lib/jdbc-MySQL.jar ../lib/jdbc-Oracle.jar ../lib/jdbc-PostgreSQL.jar
../lib/kunststoff.jar ../lib/jdom.jar ../conf"/>
This works great when building my jar and everything is good but I'd
like to build it dynamically so I tried this:
<!-- classpath -->
    <path id="classpath">
                <pathelement path="${basedir}" />
                <fileset dir="lib" >
                <include name="*.jar" />
                <include name="*.zip" />
                <pathelement path="${conf.dir}"/>
<property name="runtime.classpath" refid="classpath"/>
This works in the sense that the Class-Path is fully dynamic and no
matter what I add to the ${basedir}/lib folder, it will be included in
the Class-Path if it's a .jar or a .zip.  Well, when I do this, the .jar
will not execute where as before it did.  Can someone help me fix this
or diagnose the problem?  It seems like a bug since something so useful
aught to be usable.  Thanks,
Jeremy Whitlock --- MCP/MCSA
IT Manager for Star Precision, Inc.
Phone:  (970) 535-4795