ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Harris" <john.har...@ihc.com>
Subject Updating Jar files with timestamped attributes in manifest
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:58:44 GMT
I've got a jar target that gets antcall'd from several different
targets. One of the manifest attributes I specify is a timestamp -
telling us the date & time the jar file was built. The problem is that I
don't want the Jar file to be re-built if the source hasn't been
modified.

Now the jar task works as expected if I don't include a timestamp with
the manifest file, which makes sense. However when I include the latest
timestamp, it will update the jar file because it realizes something has
changed.

Is there something I'm missing with the jar task, or do I need to
re-think my build structure? I am using different targets to build
different parts of our tree into separate jar files - so I use one jar
target to do the work of jarring up the files.

Any insight or guidance would be appreciated.

John Harris