ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: generate files *only* if a one of set of sources was modified
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:21:16 GMT
On 11 Nov 2003, Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar@ptinovacao.pt> wrote:

> it doesn't work also (the problem can be in the mapper which I don't
> understand very well) .

probably, see below

> I set a property "ejb-changed" if any of the sources is newer than
> the generated, ad then my custom xdoclet task will run if this
> property was set.

The opposite.  <uptodate> sets a property if the target(s) is(are) up
to date, i.e. newer than the sources.

> <mapper type="merge" to="${src.server.dir}/**/ejb/access/*.java"/>
> <srcfiles dir= "${build.gen.dir}" includes="**/ejb/access/**"/>

what are you trying to express here?

**/ejb/access/foo.xml ========> **/ejb/access/foo.java?

that would be

  <mapper type="glob" from="*.xml" to="*.java"/>

> I try to use the <dependset>, but I don't know how to notify or set
> a property if it removes the generated files to generate new ones...

<dependset> doesn't do that at all.  <dependeset> is there to delete
the out of date targets as a preprocessor for a task with built-in
dependency checking but where the built-in checking is too simplistic.

An example is an XSLT transformation where multiple outputs get
generated.  The <xslt> task only knows about one output file,
<dependset> can be used to remove all outputs if the source has
changed.

Stefan