ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6 local and macrodef attributes
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:00:55 GMT
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Jacob Kjome <> wrote:

> I doubt many in the community are currently using <macrodef> so I'm
> not sure I'd point to lack of community support when saying whether
> or not to include <local> functionality in <macrodef>.

"developer community" would have been better.

Peter started votes for it on the dev list and the vote was not
positive.  I tend to agree[1] with you that <macrodef> without <local>
is less powerful than with, but that doesn't make <macrodef> useless
without them.

One exit path would be <macrodef> without <local> in 1.6 and adding
<local> at any later point in time.

> I urge you and the other committers to either reconsider your votes

non-votes.  Can anybody reconsider not doing something?  8-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message