ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6 local and macrodef attributes
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:21:52 GMT
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:
> At 04:00 PM 11/26/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>>One exit path would be <macrodef> without <local> in 1.6 and adding
>><local> at any later point in time.
>
> So people can ignore the task until 1.7 when it will become
> something more than nearly useless?

There are people who think it is useful even without it, but I agree,
unless at least one other committer wants to support it for 1.6,
<macrodef> will not be as strong as it could be in 1.6 - but certainly
better than life without macrodef.

> Why introduce a crippled task?

It wouldn't be the first time 8-)

> Give it all the functionality it needs and then release it.

We have to do a release at one point in time, adding and adding new
stuff has just lead us to where we are now - 18 months between 1.5 and
1.6.

Stefan