ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: macrodef and depends
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:01:00 GMT
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Corey Jewett <cj@syntheticplayground.com> wrote:

> That said, I haven't found a way to have a macrodef _transparently_
> depend on another target.

Well, macrodef defines a task - and thus has no way to specify
dependencies, just like "normal" tasks don't have either.  I find it
quite natural to keep the depends on the targets and use the
macrodef'ed tasks just like normal tasks.

Your example isn't that enlightening as you put your tasks into a
common target anyway, so it is correct to say that the target depends
on the prep target - much more so than saying the macro would, IMHO.
Do you have a real world example of a macro that would benefit from
stating target dependencies?

Stefan