ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: hi-jacked email addresses
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:30:20 GMT
This happens to me also, although it is a bit quieter these days.
This will force everybody to use ISPs who provide spam filtering.
And concerning the forgeing of the email addresses, there is nothing you can
do
once you have posted to the list.
Antoine

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Donal Quinlan [mailto:donal@savvion.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. November 2003 20:03
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: hi-jacked email addresses

Has anybody on the list been receiving bounced email for email they did
not send?

I have been getting a ton of emails from servers saying the person 'I'
sent the email to detected a virus in my email. My account is clean and
you may have guessed it but I haven't been sending emails to all these
people. Has any on this list had problems with their email address being
forged? This is pretty much the only public place where I use my work
email address. I don't use it on newsgroups or to sign up for whatever
on the web.

Thanks

Donal