ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: cvs update from a distant directory?
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:51:47 GMT
the <cvs/> task has a dest attribute to tell it where files should be
checked in/out/updated locally.
You do not need to cd anywhere, and ant does not have a <cd/> task.
All you need to think about is how do you want to code the location where
you want to do your cvs update.

<property "cvs.repository" location="/code/branch1/REPOSITORY"/>
<cvs dest="${cvs.repository}" .../>

should do.

Cheers,

Antoine

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Matt Reason [mailto:matt.reason@movielink.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 24. November 2003 23:01
An: Ant Mailing List (E-mail)
Betreff: cvs update from a distant directory?

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's an elegant way to update my working cvs
directory with a build.xml that is a few directories above.   For
example, let's say my layout looks like this:

/build/build.xml (the build file that does the update)
/code/branch1/REPOSITORY  (REPOSITORY is a working directory created
with cvs checkout).

So the question is, can that build.xml call a cvs update on the contents
of the REPOSITORY directory.

I could call the exec task to cd into the REPOSITORY and then fire off
the cvs update - but that seems dirty.

Thanks in advance,

Matt