ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <>
Subject AW: Using Jar update = yes
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:52:22 GMT

You should add an excludes attribute to your jar task invocation to exclude
from the operation the war file which you are trying to update.

 <jar jarfile="${dist}/${}.war" excludes="${dist}/${}.war"
        basedir="${dist}" update="yes">

Actually, you do not need absolutely to use nested filesets.
This is a jar task invocation using nested filesets
(from the doc  : )

 <jar destfile="${dist}/lib/app.jar">
    <fileset dir="${build}/classes"
    <fileset dir="${src}/resources"/>

I suggest you run your build in verbose mode (ant -verbose) to see why ant
does not find any out of date files in your archive which would require

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Celeste Haseltine []
Gesendet: Montag, 10. November 2003 18:05
An: 'Ant Users List'
Betreff: RE: Using Jar update = yes

Thanks for the response.  What do you mean by a nested fileset?  Can you not
add new files and update old files in an existing jar by just using the
update=yes property?  Again, I'm working off of an Ant file that someone
else wrote and supposedly worked using Ant 1.4, but now does not work using
Ant 1.5.3.

Thanks again!