ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: macrodef and properties
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:28:28 GMT
Hi Jacob,

why are you saying that local variables are necessary to make <macrodef>
useful ?

Antoine

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. November 2003 16:57
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: Re: macrodef and properties

At 09:02 AM 11/14/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>On Friday 14 November 2003 05:28, Jacob Kjome wrote:
>
>There is currently some debate in the dev list about whether <local/>
should
>be part of ant 1.6, and whether the macrodef's attributes should be local
>properties.
>
>Peter

I guess I'll have to read the discussion but, on the face of it, this seems
like a no-brainer.  Without the possibility of local variables,
<macrodef>'s usefulness is much degraded.  And if the thought is whether to
wait until 1.7 because 1.6 is so near release, then move back the 1.6
release.  There is no sense in introducing new features that don't work
quite the way they should (and I'm also not saying that macrodef, and the
like, should wait for 1.7 either).

Jake