ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: How to make ANT continue if task fails
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:54:07 GMT
1) Some tasks - but not all - have a failonerror attribute.

2) there is in ant-contrib a <try/> <catch/> set of tasks.

3) There is a new feature in ant1.6 to allow ant to keep going, ant -k or
ant -keep-going,
 -keep-going, -k        execute all targets that do not depend
                         on failed target(s)
Cheers,

Antoine
-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Steph Richardson [mailto:steph@kvasar.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. November 2003 22:48
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: How to make ANT continue if task fails

This seems like a basic question, so sorry if it's a case of RTFM, but :

How can I make ant continue running, even after a given target has thrown a
build exception ( without extending the task ).
Is there a command line option for this ? Or something I can write into the
build file.

e.g. if I call "ant stop start" and the stop target throws an exception, I
still want the start target to execute.

Thanks,

Steph