ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: Using Jar update = yes
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:54:15 GMT
ant 1.5.3 is all right for updating jars.
It looks like you are not indicating a nested fileset that you want to jar
in unifocus.war.

Cheers,
Antoine

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Celeste Haseltine [mailto:CHaseltine@unifocus.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 10. November 2003 17:34
An: 'Ant Users List'
Betreff: Using Jar update = yes

I've searched the mail archive, and I found a number of email addressing
this problem but I did not find a resolution or workaround.  I have an older
build file that I am trying to run inside of Eclipse using Ant version
1.5.3.  The portion of the ant script in question is listed below.

    <!-- Copy war file to bin -->
	<copy file="${unifocus.war}" tofile="${dist}/${app.name}.war"
			overwrite="yes">
    </copy>

  <!-- Update WAR file -->
       <jar jarfile="${dist}/${app.name}.war"
        basedir="${dist}" update="yes">
     </jar>

I can copy the old unifocus.war file into the destination directory, but I
am unable to update it with the revised class files and property files that
are in the destination directory.  I'm relatively new to ant, and I am
working with an old build file that was written by someone else.  Does the
update=yes property of jar work anymore?  If not, is there a workaround or a
new way of merging new class/property files into the original jar, along
with updating existing class/property files in the same existing jar?

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance.

Celeste Haseltine, PE