ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject RE: hi-jacked email addresses
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:15:56 GMT
Happened to me too.  I asked the same thing last week on the developers
list.  Basically, once you've posted anything to a public list you're
vulnerable.  Your address is now on the mailing list archives for this
list and even if it wasn't spammers (and viral spammers) could subscribe
to the list, ingest every message, and build their list that way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Donal Quinlan [mailto:donal@savvion.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 1:03 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: hi-jacked email addresses

Has anybody on the list been receiving bounced email for email they did
not send?

I have been getting a ton of emails from servers saying the person 'I'
sent the email to detected a virus in my email. My account is clean and
you may have guessed it but I haven't been sending emails to all these
people. Has any on this list had problems with their email address being

forged? This is pretty much the only public place where I use my work
email address. I don't use it on newsgroups or to sign up for whatever
on the web.

Thanks

Donal