ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Could Ant build scripts be compiled?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:03:42 GMT
> From: peter reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
> On Wednesday 26 November 2003 04:57, Jacob Kjome wrote:
> > I think I've found a case where I can't replace my <antcall>'s with
> > <macrodef>.  Currently, the target I am calling via <antcall> has
> > dependencies.  If I use <macrodef> to make the call, how do I get the
> other
> > targets to run.  Everything has to happen in the <macrodef>, and unless
this
> > <macrodef>.
>
> This is a good point.
>
> In this case you are right that <macrodef> is not a drop-in replacement
> for <antcall> using targets that depend on other targets.

The solution is to make <antcall> and family faster by not fully duplicating
the project IMHO. It should be possible to create a SubProject backed by its
parent Project (or SubProject) to look up properties/references,
tasks/types. Kind of like java.util.Properties with its defaults properties.

--DD