ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: java task
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:01:01 GMT
Hi Priyapravas,

At a guess this has something to do with Ant's classloaders.
When you use fork=true, Ant starts a new VM with a straightforward classpath setting.
When you use the <java> task without forking, some classes may be invisible because
of the classloading mechanism (don't ask me about the details :)).
As a rule, I would say fork=true is good, unless your app is really simple.

Hope this helps
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Priyapravas [mailto:priyapravas@infosys.com]
Sent: 05 November 2003 07:43
To: Ant Users List
Subject: java task

All,
I tried executing the java task from within ant. The target looked something like this:

<target depends="init" name="execute">
<java classname="<name_of_the_class_to_execute>">
<classpath refid="project.class.path"/>
</java>
</target>

On executing this target I got the following error:

[java] javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
not found

Now, I added the attribute fork="true" to the java task element.

<target depends="init" name="execute">
<java classname="<name_of_the_class_to_execute>" fork="true">
<classpath refid="project.class.path"/>
</java>
</target>

I was able to execute the java task. Can anyone explain this?

Cheers,
-Priyapravas