ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kew, Whitney CLE 2645" <W...@RainBird.com>
Subject Trying to build multiple .NET solutions using <apply>
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:18:33 GMT
Hi there,

(Ant newbie here; I'm using Ant 1.5.4 on Win2K with MS .NET 2003.)  This
seems straightforward, but I'm getting an unexpected result.  I don't know
if my problem is an Ant problem, an XML problem, or a .NET problem.
Regardless, I'm trying to build multiple .NET solutions that reside in the
same directory; I'm using <apply> and <fileset> to do this.  If I try it
with one .NET solution, the <apply> task executes the .NET compiler, and the
.NET solution builds just fine.  However, if I add another solution to my
fileset, and use the -verbose flag, I see that the <apply> task never makes
any attempt to execute the .NET compiler.  Here's the relevant <apply> code:

<apply executable="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe">
   <srcfile/>
   <arg value="/REBUILD"/>
   <arg value="DEBUG"/>
   <fileset dir="C:\Projects\tests">
      <filename name="test1.sln"/>
      <filename name="test2.sln"/> <!-- Problem when adding this -->
   </fileset>
</apply>

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what I'm overlooking?

Thanks very much in advance!

Whitney Kew
Software Engineer
Rain Bird Corporation