ant-user mailing list archives

From Priyapravas <priyapra...@infosys.com>
Subject java task
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 07:42:57 GMT
All,
  I tried executing the java task from within ant. The target looked
something like this:

<target depends="init" name="execute">
	<java classname="<name_of_the_class_to_execute>">
		<classpath refid="project.class.path"/>
	</java>
</target>

On executing this target I got the following error:

      [java] javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found

Now, I added the attribute fork="true" to the java task element.

<target depends="init" name="execute">
	<java classname="<name_of_the_class_to_execute>" fork="true">
		<classpath refid="project.class.path"/>
	</java>
</target>

I was able to execute the java task. Can anyone explain this?

Cheers,
-Priyapravas