ant-user mailing list archives

From Cantrell David M SSgt AFRS/RSIDS <David.Cantr...@rs.af.mil>
Subject RE: Exec creates a new Shell?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:20:31 GMT
Robert,

To me, the obvious next test would be to move the command shell to a dir off
your root (short name like "test", no long names with spaces), then try to
call it there and see if it works. Make a new target that just calls notepad
or something similar, so you can see it work immediately.

However, if you don't want to do that, try the junction utility from
SysInternals. NTFS has basic symlink capability, but (like most people, I
suspect) I never knew about it until I heard about this program. You can do
this:

* junction c:\4nt "e:\program files\4nt"

It will make a dir called c:\4nt that points to your actual 4nt directory -
WITHOUT expansion, i.e. the system really sees it as just "c:\4nt\...".

It helped me resolve a similar problem I had with one of the java programs
we have (jedit, junit, ant, maven, can't remember) that didn't like long
pathnames either.

HTH,
-dave