ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: Ant 1.6 and appserver updates
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:48:55 GMT
> Will updated appserver specific tasks be included in final release of
> Ant1.6? For example JOnAS, which we use here, ships with a
> new ejbjar task.
> We currently reference this jar directly out of the JOnAS
> distribution in
> our build.

Ant doesn´t include tasks which are part of another product.
1) Ants tasks are in the Apache cvs (cvs.apache.org). And the product
   is not (if an Apache product like Tomcat, its in another cvs module).
2) That would cause code duplication
3) Maybe problems with license
4) who should maintain the code

> What is the process for getting updates included
> in the release
> versions of Ant?

Create a bug report and provide a patch. Maybe its committed to the cvs head

by a committer. Then it will be part of the next release.

At the moment its a special case. Because we are in front of the
1.6-release,
not all commits to the HEAD are part of the ANT_16_BRANCH.

> Also, I'm brand new to XDoclet but wondering
> which version
> of JOnAS deploy descriptors does it support? They haven't
> changed except for
> the DTD header and I'm not sure if XDoclet would generate
> with the correct
> DTD. These may sound like ridiculous questions but I'm new so
> bear with me.

Sorry, no knowledge about XDoclet. Maybe you can get your infos from
http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/ant/xdoclet/modules/objectweb/jonas/ejb/Jonas
SubTask.html

But I´m sure here are some other XDoclet users ...

Jan