ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: Could Ant build scripts be compiled?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:13:42 GMT
My first idea was creating an executable JAR file. All property value,
build scenario and needed files (especially Ant classes) are built in.
So a simple  "java -jar mybuild.jar"  would start the default target.

But a "java -jar mybuild.jar target1 -Dprop=value"  should also be possible.

If there are interests I can translate my (old) notices (or send in German).

-----

Serialisation of the project object was one idea, also. But that class is
sometimes modified and I donĀ“t know whether you can load "old" files ...

So another idea was streaming to xml using xml-binding ... but I had xml
already :-)

Is XML-Binding faster that SAX? I think no. AFAIK binding is build on top of
SAX.

Jan