ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: Could Ant build scripts be compiled?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:06:29 GMT
I thought about that half a year ago. But I didn´t that of some reasons:

1. The resulting "buildfile" is not easily be adapted
   --> ok, I (for myself) like it open

2. Seems to be hard to do
   --> but much more important is nr. 3 :-)

3. No time for that ...

I started the project, called "Ant-Compiler".
Let´s see what I had done ...

... a text file with some thoughts ... a buildfile (seems to be a copy of
Ant´s own)
... a JBuilder project file ... and two really NOT helpful classes ...

Aha, the project ended in a very early stadium ...

Jan