ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Priest <Robert.Pri...@bentley.com>
Subject RE: Exec creates a new Shell?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:15:57 GMT
But that was just it- we were using 8.3 filenames.

My co-worker was uses a 4nt shell as his default shell. So he sets:

ComSpec=E:\Progra~1\4NT\4NT.exe

The exec calls a proprietary make tool:

<target name="signcab">
     <exec executable="${BMAKE}" failonerror="true" >
        <arg line="-dCAB_FILE=${cabfile} ${NATIVE_SOURCE}signPWFTcab.mke"/>
    </exec>
</target>

where:

<property name="BMAKE"   value="${DMS_SOURCE}util/bin/bmake.exe"/>

that path equates to: "D:\pw\src" which as you can see, is not what the
command was complaining about. It was complaining about the "E:\Program" and
his ComSpec was specified with the 8.3 dirname\filename. So that is what led
me to think that maybe it was being "expanded" properly. In all his other
paths he uses 8.3, except for a few path includes in his "Path" dir. But I
think it has something to do with the path for 4NT.exe.

When we switched the ComSpec env var back to using cmd.exe it all worked
fine.

Thoughts?