ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stirling, Scott" <>
Subject Could Ant build scripts be compiled?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:36:56 GMT

Just a thought I've been holding onto for a while.

Could we benefit from compiling Ant build scripts?  They would load faster if the XML didn't
have to be parsed.  They would be less open to unwanted modification (if you ship build scripts
with a product, for example).  They might run faster, although I'm not as sure about that.

What would they be compiled down to?  I guess the best answer would be, a Java class.  Ant
would have to be able to load a class rather than a build script for this to work.

Any thoughts?

Scott Stirling
Workscape, Inc.

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message