ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stirling, Scott" <scott.stirl...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: Build pauses on Linux
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:57:04 GMT
> From: Clifton Craig [mailto:ccc@icsaward.com]
>
> I just don't know where else to turn on this problem. I have a rather
> involved and lengthy build process that has been running
> without fail until
> recently.

Hi,

Make sure your Ant process is running in the foreground.  When it pauses, create a stack trace
(thread dump) from the Ant process with a "kill -3 PID" where 'PID' is the numeric process
id of the java process running Ant as shown in ps or top.  This should at least tell you where
exactly it's hanging.

Another idea is that you may not be running the version of Java you think you are.  When you
do "java -version" as the user executing the Ant process, what do you get?  Is it possible
Kaffe or some older Sun or IBM JVM is getting picked up first in the path?

Depending on how you are using the EJB tasks for Jonas, it seems likely there could be some
network activity there, such as in resolving a DTD.  If so, you should see something like
that (some java.net calls on a thread's stack) in the stack trace I suggested.  Maybe you
can work around the problem by using local DTDs with <xmlcatalog> or something.

Scott Stirling
Workscape, Inc.

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.