ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chekutty, Kiran" <kir...@petrotechnics.com>
Subject inherit top-level build.xml properties
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:43:17 GMT

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me please.

I have a build file called main-build.xml which calls ejbbuild.xml & which in turn calls
build.xml.

Is there a way to inherit properties of main-build.aml to build.xml.

I could inherit properties of main-build.xml to ejbbuild.xml, but I am not able to inherit
the same property to build.xml

------------------------
This is the bit from mainbuild.xml which calls ejbbuild.xml

<target name="build" depends="rebuild, Copy ejbbuild">

        <property name="spro.classes" value="D:/dev/projects/Sentinel Pro/${buildRootDirectory}/${web.home}/WEB-INF/classes"/>

        <path id="classes">
            <pathelement location="${spro.classes}"/>
        </path>

        <ant antfile="ejbbuild.xml" dir="D:/dev/projects/Sentinel Pro/${buildRootDirectory}"
 target="Deploy EJB's" inheritRefs="true"/>

</target>

I am able to access classes (path) from ejbbuild.xml as shown below

    <property name="spro.classpath" refid="classes"/>

The below is the bit which calls build.xml from ejbbuild.xml

        <ant antfile="build.xml" dir="src/com/petrotechnics/skyobma/service/admin/entity/control"
target="all" inheritrefs="true"/>

But the above doesn't work. It gives me an error, it says Reference classes not found.

Could you help me please in solving this problem................

Thanks

Kiran