ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: <patch> task on win32?
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 05:19:00 GMT

Hmm....  I just got it to work with the gnuwin32 library.  However, it
seems to me that the fact that it didn't work the original way I had it is
a bug.  Here is what I did to make it work...

I changed this:
<patch patchfile="ant-patch.txt"/>

to this:
<patch dir="${basedir}/src" patchfile="ant-patch.txt" strip="1"/>

However, shouldn't the following be equivalent (which, according to the
docs, is equivalent to the original basic syntax.)?
<patch dir="${basedir}" patchfile="ant-patch.txt"/>

See docs at:
http://ant.apache.org/manual-1.6beta/CoreTasks/patch.html

But that doesn't work.  Why do I have to change into the "src" dir, and
then strip the "src/" part of "src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/typedef.xml"?  Am
I missing something?  How is this not equivalent to the original basic syntax?

Can someone confirm whether or not this is a bug?

Jake