ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject <patch> task on win32?
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:35:52 GMT

Has anyone gotten the <patch> task to work for them on Win32?  That is,
without installing cygwin.  I tried some native patch programs linked to here:
http://www.drupal.org/node/view/324

The most up to date is the one here at the gnuwin32 project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/

However, all I ever get is...

patch:
     [patch] can't find file to patch at input line 8
     [patch] Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
     [patch] The text leading up to this was:
     [patch] --------------------------
     [patch] |Index: src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/typedef.xml
     [patch]
|===================================================================

     [patch] |RCS file: /home/cvs/ant/src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/typedef.xml,v
     [patch] |retrieving revision 1.2
     [patch] |diff -u -r1.2 typedef.xml
     [patch] |--- src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/typedef.xml 21 Jul 2003
10:10:06 -0000      1.2
     [patch] |+++ src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/typedef.xml 18 Nov 2003
15:11:07 -0000
     [patch] --------------------------
     [patch] File to patch:
     [patch] Skip this patch? [y]
     [patch] Skipping patch.
     [patch] 1 out of 1 hunk ignored

I have the patch file in the correct relative location (the root of the
build for Ant) along with a patch-apply.xml build file....

<project default="patch" basedir=".">
     <target name="patch">
         <patch patchfile="ant-patch.txt"/>
     </target>
</project>

Any hints?  Is there any port for patch on win32 that works with the
<patch> task?  BTW, this was tested with the latest Ant 1.6 Branch.

Jake