ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: location attribute in property task
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 05:27:42 GMT
At 09:03 PM 11/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Would it make any differences if "location" attribute is changed to
>"value" attribute?
>   <property name="src" value="src"/>
>   <property name="build" value="build"/>
>   <property name="dist"  value="dist"/>
>
>Thanks.
>Becky

Well, the difference is that, for instance, the "src" property above will
literally be "src" where it would be something like
"D:\base\path\to\my\build\src" if you used the "location" attribute.  Ant
will generally survive with the relative path, but if you wanted to pass
this path to, say, an external executable, you'd definitely want the fully
qualified path returned by the "location" attribute (for obvious reasons).

Jake