ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (EM, DDEMESIS)" <Luis.Cone...@ge.com>
Subject RE: problem with exec task
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:38:46 GMT
Try setting the directory where the file will be executed

<exec dir="C:\workspace\tools\MGR2COM"
       executable="C:\workspace\tools\MGR2COM\Mgr2Com">
    <arg value="c:\x\y\z\*.java"/>
</exec>

-----Original Message-----
From: alan brown [mailto:alanbrown@pacbell.net]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 4:35 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: problem with exec task

This can't be too tough a problem, but it's got me flummoxed.

I'm trying to call an executable

<exec executable="C:\workspace\tools\MGR2COM\Mgr2Com">
            <arg value="c:\x\y\z\*.java"/>
        </exec>

However the executable when it runs is giving me an error (subscript out
of range) that implies (strongly) that it didn't get the argument
properly.

mgr2com is a VB .exe program if that makes any difference (but it can't,
surely!)

Any help pointing out my glaring error would be appreciated