ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (EM, DDEMESIS)" <Luis.Cone...@ge.com>
Subject <exec> task
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:35:19 GMT
Hi all

	I am using <exec> task to startup my Tomcat Server in my workstation, but I am getting
following error:

file:C:/Projects/GNF/eDocs/build.xml:248: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess:
startup.bat error=2

	Now, as far as I've read, this error comes when there is no such file in the given path.

	Following is the snippet of the code I am trying to execute

------------------------------
    <target name="startTomcat" description="Starts Local Tomcat Server">
        <exec dir="${tomcat.home}/bin" executable="startup.bat"
              newenvironment="true">
            <env key="CATALINA_HOME" path="${tomcat.home}"/>
        </exec>
    </target>
------------------------------

The questions are:

1. Does <exec> task just support .exe files (which I think it is not, since the task
executes other files in other OS environments besides Windows)?

2. Am I missing something or just misunderstood the concept of <exec> task?

To clarify, I have to mention that I set a .bat file that starts the tomcat from my current
location (which is not the same location where I am running Ant or Tomcat), and I just had
to set the CATALINA_HOME in the environment and that was all about it.

Any help is appreciated

Regards
Luis G Conelly
Mobile (+52)(449)123-8749