ant-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Mlodzinski" <Adam.Mlodzin...@quest.com>
Subject RE: Dirset broken? (was: Dirset selectors?)
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:42:06 GMT
There is no actual difference between a fileset and a dirset, other than
their concrete class name. It is up to the task which is using filesets
and dirsets to treat them differently, based on the concrete class. I
suspect the problem in your sample lies in the the <echo> task not
knowing that the contents of the ${str} property is a dirset. The fact
that it's a dirset is probably lost when you create the str property
(which may be a bug in <property> when using the refid attribute).
Try using the <pathconvert> task instead of <property>.

On November 4, 2003 5:04 PM, Zwicky, William R ERDC-CERL-IL Contractor
wrote:

> The dirset task seems to be broken in 1.6beta.  The docs say it groups
directories, however when
> I create one, it appears full of files.  Here's my test script:
>
> <project name="test" default="test">
>
> <dirset id="dirs" dir="." includes="*"/>
>
> <target name="test">
>   <property name="str" refid="dirs" />
>   <echo>${str}</echo>
> </target>
> </project>
>
> The result of this is the *files* in the current dir, not the dirs.
And if I drop the includes,
> I get all files from all sub-dirs, but not the dirs themselves.
What's the point of this task