ant-user mailing list archives

From Dean Hiller <d...@xsoftware.biz>
Subject ant stack trace.....junit/ant compatibility problem
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:33:59 GMT
I have the following unhelpful stack trace.  For some reason, I think I
have seen this before but couldn't find anything on the lists.  I know
something similar was discussed before, but I can't remember what it was.

    [junit] Testsuite: org.vmasterdiff.lib.test.TestBiDiff
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0 sec

    [junit]     Caused an ERROR
    [junit] null
    [junit] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
    [junit]     at
    [junit]     at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java
:25)

However, when I run ant using the java task and run the test that way
without using the JunitTask, the test works fine and passes like so....
     [echo] program args=
     [java] WARNING: TestBiDiff.<init>                        :
constructing test
     [java] WARNING: TestBiDiff.suite                         : hello there
     [java] WARNING: TestBiDiff.suite                         :
returning the suite
     [java] WARNING: TestBiDiff$SameMethodTests.countTestCases: asking
for test count
     [java] ..
     [java] Time: 0.016

     [java] OK (2 tests)