ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Problem on OS/400
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:51:48 GMT
Chris Wood wrote:

> > Were you able to build Ant on OS/400? Or did someone give you a precompiled jar?
> >

> I downloaded the binary distribution from the ant website, so no
> building involved.
> However with ant being written in java, the jar files should work on any
> platform with Java, surely?

Well, yes, but it would be telling if you had been able to compile Ant itself. Because
Ant uses Ant to build itself. My recommendation is to download the source distrib
and try to build Ant and see what happens.

--
Jack J. Woehr      # You measure democracy by the freedom it
Senior Consultant  # gives its dissidents, not the freedom