ant-user mailing list archives

From Will Lopez <william.lo...@eds.com>
Subject Re: compiling packages in an explicit order with javac
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:53:41 GMT
Chris:

I think with what you're facing there isn't going to be 1 right answer.
We face a similar problem with circular references....the solution is to
remove them and your builds will simplify as a result...we are still not
100% cycle free but working on it.

Our build is driven by a "master" build file which calls the subordinate
build files...There may be a more elegant way to do it in version 1.6b &
1.7 a with the new tasks available in those versions (macrodef & import)
but I have no experience with those releases.

Snippets of our build:

<!-- from main build -->
<target name="build.all" depends="init,tempjar" >
    <antcall target="build.bo" />
    <antcall target="build.ejb" />
    <antcall target="build.multi.projs" />
    <antcall target="create.entity.ears" />
    <antcall target="create.client.ear" />
  </target>

<target name="build.bo" depends="init">
   <ant antfile="${bo.build.dir}\buildBO.xml" />
 </target>

<!-- buildBO.xml -->
<!-- it's hard to get around the <ant> calls due to the cycles but once
in the target build file I try to use depends
       as much as possible - it'll contol the flow of compiliation with
in that build file -->
<target name="build.bo"
depends="compile.bo.domain,compile.bo.billreview,compile.bo.rulesengine">
   <echo>  BO Compile...Pt 1...complete</echo>
 </target>

HTH,
-Will