ant-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Log4j
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 03:47:21 GMT
Chris,

> Does anyone know what is happening with log4j when calling Ant
> programatically?  Ive created some tasks that use the logger, and
> when i call ant from the console the outputs come to the console.
> When I call my ant tasks through a java invocation, is there any way
> I can still see my logging messages?

You have to make sure that you have initialized log4j properly. Do you
have a log4j.properties file in the CLASSPATH when you call Ant
programatically? Or, have you otherwies initialized it? If you haven't,
then log4j will silently swallow all log messages.

Log4j does /not/ default to the console, which is a common misconception.

-chris