ant-user mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <nospam0...@c.dk>
Subject Re: [OT] Seeking input from the comunity at large.
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:58:53 GMT
Robert Simmons wrote:

>Whe goal of the research project is to develop a new programming language from
>the ground up completely under the auspices of open source. The goal is to take
>on the java and C# community at the same time.

Why another language?

If you want the attention of Java and C# programmers then make your
efforts easy to use with existing code.  The easiest way to do so, is
probably to use BSF (http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/), since your time is
limited.

Personally I would love to have the power of Haskell in Java, and I
think it would be great if your research project did that .)

--
  Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen      "...plus...Tubular Bells!"