ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Martinez <micha...@snocountry.org>
Subject Re: Install problem "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 23:46:08 GMT
 >Did you use GNU tar to untar? Regular tar doesn't support paths with >more
 >than 100 chars or so. Trying re-installing Ant, maybe checking the MD5
 >sum
 >of what you downloaded, and then make sure you untar with GNU tar. --DD

Thanks for the response,

    I downloaded again, MD5 checked out, tar extracted using GNU tar.
    (It came with RH 9).  tried  > ant -help with same error.
org/apache/tools/ant/Main

    Do I have some conflict of some sort?  I mentioned I downloaded the
    Apache xml-rpc, I also utilize JBuilder 6...  Any possible conflicts
    with these or perhaps RH 9.

Michael