ant-user mailing list archives

From "Morten S. Mortensen" <morten.morten...@tietoenator.com>
Subject Q (1.6B2): Using <xmlproperty> to read <path> from file?
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:27:01 GMT

Hi,

Like many others, I am following Ant 1.6 and am trying the B2-version.

Can someone show me how to put a "path" out into a file and read it in with <xmlproperty>?
-A working exampled, that is.

      -----

To explain my request in another way, I have this piece of Ant-file, which works as intended:

  <path
    id="xxx-files.path"

    <fileset dir="xxx">
      <include name="*.something"/>
    </fileset>
  </path>

  <macrodef
    name="for-each-file"

    <sequential>
      <foreach
        target="process-file"
        param="file"

        <path
          refid="xxx-files.path"
        />
      </foreach>
    </sequential>
  </macrodef>

When using the macro, a number of files are selected with the "path"-element and the target
"process-file" is invoked on each.

For my actual use, the body of the "path"-element may be more detailed than shown here and
I would like to expresses it as an individual, logical entity - I would really like to put
it out into a separate file and read the content in with the "xmlproperty"-task. As far as
I can tell from the documentation of "xmlproperty", this is possible!!

To do this, I have tried creating a file "xxxFiles.xml" with content like -

<xxx-file-selection>
  <path
    pathid="xxx-files.path"

    <fileset dir="xxx">
      <include name="*.something"/>
    </fileset>
  </path>
</xxx-file-selection>

- where I have changed the "id"-attribute of the "path"-element to "pathid", and then try
using it with the following piece of Ant:

  <xmlproperty
    file="xxxFiles.xml"
    semanticAttributes="true"
  />
  <macrodef
    name="for-each-file"

    <sequential>
      <foreach
        target="process-file"
        param="file"

        <path
          refid="xxx-files.path"
        />
      </foreach>
    </sequential>
  </macrodef>

But for some reason, the result is not the same. It runs okay, but no files are selected;
the target "process-file" is never called!

Is the construction possible? Is the new "macrodef" fooling around with "xmlproperty"? How
do I make the construction work as intended?

Regards,
Morten Sabroe Mortensen