ant-user mailing list archives

From kaladharan dharan <k_dha...@yahoo.com>
Subject ant vs gmake - a simple question
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 03:06:44 GMT
Folks,

(1). in case of gmake/make, you have Makefile in
every sub-directory from the root (top) level. So,
when there is a build failure, you can go to a leaf
dir, where the trouble happened. Try to do a local
gmake in the leaf dir and that will give some clues.

How do we deal with it ant? Would there be a build.xml
in every subdir or only one at the top level ? If
there is only one, how do we troubleshoot when there
is a build failure in the 7th subdir from the top
level
?

(2). Does someone know what are the task names for
websphere appserver and weblogic appserver that can be
used via deploy command ? Is there an example (for
each of them) by which an EJB can be deployed on those
app servers ?

(3). How is ant's integration with CVS ?. thanks.