ant-user mailing list archives

From kaladharan dharan <>
Subject ant vs gmake - a simple question
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 03:06:44 GMT

(1). in case of gmake/make, you have Makefile in
every sub-directory from the root (top) level. So,
when there is a build failure, you can go to a leaf
dir, where the trouble happened. Try to do a local
gmake in the leaf dir and that will give some clues.

How do we deal with it ant? Would there be a build.xml
in every subdir or only one at the top level ? If
there is only one, how do we troubleshoot when there
is a build failure in the 7th subdir from the top

(2). Does someone know what are the task names for
websphere appserver and weblogic appserver that can be
used via deploy command ? Is there an example (for
each of them) by which an EJB can be deployed on those
app servers ?

(3). How is ant's integration with CVS ?. thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: