ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to only do stuff if javac compiled something?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:23:33 GMT
> need for? I'm starting to feel like I didn't think
> my build
> process through properly.

In the beginning you said you had compile, test, and
package tasks.  Did you mean targets?  A more
"Ant-normal" way to do these things would probably
involve each of these being separate targets, with
dependencies.  Another target could be a dependency
and contain an uptodate task that would set a property
if the target files are up to date.  Assuming public
classes where the class filename can be easily mapped
from the java filename, this should give you roughly
the equivalent of "what will javac compile?".  Then
your test and package targets could be
unless="src.uptodate"

-Matt