ant-user mailing list archives

From peter reilly <>
Subject Re: problem with macrodefs 'expiring' in 1.6beta2.
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:22:50 GMT
On Friday 14 November 2003 18:15, Corey Jewett wrote:
> Peter,
> You're a genius. :) If I nuke the attempt to set pkg property, and
> replace ${pkg} then everything works as expected.
> I have a followup question & request.
> Is there any kind of 'resettable' property?

Vote for <local> for a local property.

Also ant-contrib provides a <var/> task with resets a property.

> Would it be unreasonable for ant to choke and die horribly whenever a
> build file attempts to reset a property? Should I file a bug request?

No, it is a common ant idiom to set a property a number
of times.
The first one wins.
For example:
<property name="debug" value="false"/>
<javac debug="${debug}" ../>

This would normally set the debug level to false, however
one may override this by:
calling ant with ant -Ddebug=yes ..

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: