ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Jasper and jspc task
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:17:59 GMT
WL6.1 has a flag that you can use to specify an entire directory so you
don't need to use anything outside of the standard ant jars and your
installation of WL...

-----Original Message-----
From: Stirling, Scott [mailto:scott.stirling@workscape.com]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 5:15 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Problemn with Jasper and jspc task

> From: Laurent Duperval [mailto:laurent.duperval@microcell.ca]
[...]
> So I guess I should be using jikes or the sun compiler. However, the
> translation portion doesn't seem to work. I've double-checked my
> classpath to make sure that weblogic.jar is in it, and I set the
> compiler as "weblogic.jspc". Yet, I get the famous:

No, weblogic.jspc is the translator, actually.  To use this in an Ant
script, either use the <wljspc> optional task (see the optional tasks in Ant
docs), or use the Java task like so with weblogic.jspc:

<java classname="weblogic.jspc" fork="true">
  <arg value="-compiler"/>
  <arg value="${build.compiler}"/>
[...] etc.

I would recommend you cut to the chase and use the Java task to invoke
weblogic.jsp one file at a time and call it in a <foreach> (set
ANT_OPTS=-Xmx512m or whatever because <foreach> uses lots of memory if it
iterates a lot of times).

> Hmph. If I understand what you're saying here:
>
> I need to get the translation working before I even try to
> launch the compiler (whether Sun's or jikes), right?

Yes.

> I looked quickly through the archives again and it doesn't
> seem like many people are using the jspc task with weblogic,

Right, because you can't. :-)  The jspc task only works with Tomcat,
although the docs could make that a little more explict.  I just reviewed
the jspc page myself, and it sees to be assumed that you know this.

Best,
Scott Stirling
Workscape, Inc.

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.