ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: ANT Java version
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:40:17 GMT
Try putting in a <echoproperties/> and capturing that output
(java.runtime.version=1.3.1_07-b02).  I had functionality like that in a
build script before.  Doesn't ANT pick up whatever is set as JAVA_HOME?

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Oatham [mailto:matthewoatham@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 12:02 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: ANT Java version

when I run ant from the command line what java version does it use and where

is it picked up from ? I have a javac task whicj relies on java 1.4 when I
type java -version at the command lne t says I am running java 1.4 but when
I run the ant target it fails. I guess I could use the executable attribute
of the javac task but there must be a way to run java 1.4 as the default or
does it depend on the version of ANT?

Cheers