ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wood <ch...@thesprocket.org>
Subject Problem on OS/400
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:54:25 GMT
It's not my day - this is the second platform I've had trouble with Ant
on today...

Ok, using ant1.6beta2, on OS/400.
Initiating it through qsh (a POSIX shell for OS/400) using something
like:

JAVA_HOME=/qibm/proddata/java400/jdk13
ANT_HOME=<path to ant>
PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
export JAVA_HOME
export ANT_HOME
export PATH

$ANT_HOME/bin/ant -debug -f <path to build file>

I get the following stack trace before any debug output:

java.lang.NullPointerException
org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Locator.getResourceSource(Ljava/lang/ClassL   oader;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/io/File;+0
(Locator.java:104)          org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Locator.getClassSource(Ljava/lang/Class;)Lj
  ava/io/File;+0 (Locator.java:88)          org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher.run([Ljava/lang/String;)V+0
(Launc   her.java:108)          org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher.main([Ljava/lang/String;)V+0
(Laun   cher.java:89)

What I can tell you is that it does work with ant 1.5.3 - I've used the
above method with this version for several months without problem.

Before anyone asks, I'm not a big OS/400 expert. We use ant as an
installer for some java software on this platform (amongst others), and
I've only been able to use it so far due to the existence of qsh, which
lets me do most things in a unix style.

Any ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,