ant-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Salazar <>
Subject RE: generate files *only* if a one of set of sources was modified
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:47:53 GMT
On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 16:27, Mark Lybarger wrote:
> btw, xdoclet tasks only generate source files when needed. ie, calling
> <remoteinterface/> will only generate a remote interface if the Bean
> implementation class has been changed since the last remote interface was
> generated. same for other stuff in xdoclet.
> i know it takes a little time to run through even xdoclet's checking of the
> stamps especially of you're using lots of generation.

Great!! I was starting to suspect that because I have the verbose mode
activated and I noticed that the messages in xdoclet task weren't always
the same.

Just perfect...

About the solution of Stefan Bodewig, negating the property, it should
work *BUT* since xdoclet would update *only* the implementations java
sources that were modified, and since the merge point is going only to 1
file, the coherence is lost because the timestamps on the generated java
files shouldn't be the same anymore.

It would be great if <uptodate/> could handle a set of target files
besides using the mapper...

Thank you very much Mark.
Thank you very much Stefan Bodewig.

Pedro Salazar.