ant-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-sala...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject Re: generate files *only* if a one of set of sources was modified
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:44:45 GMT
> > I set a property "ejb-changed" if any of the sources is newer than
> > the generated, ad then my custom xdoclet task will run if this
> > property was set.
>
> The opposite.  <uptodate> sets a property if the target(s) is(are) up
> to date, i.e. newer than the sources.

Yes, indeed. I wrote it wrong but I thought it right. My _target_ files
are my *sources*, and the _sources_ are the *generated ones*.

> > <mapper type="merge" to="${src.server.dir}/**/ejb/access/*.java"/>
> > <srcfiles dir= "${build.gen.dir}" includes="**/ejb/access/**"/>
>
> what are you trying to express here?

My problem is that I cannot refer a set of files (the _target_) in the
<uptodate>. I can only set one "targetfile" as a attribute to specify
one file but I can't refer a set of files with the <mapper>.

There is no relation with the _sources_ (generated files) and the
_target_ (java sources with xdoclet tags), besides the timestamp. I just
want say this:

-generate new files (e.g. run task) if any of my java sources files are
more *uptodate* than the generated ones.

Can I do it?

regards,
Pedro Salazar.
--