ant-user mailing list archives

From "J. Xue" <>
Subject Re: Including directories that may or may not exist
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:09:26 GMT
Quoting Stefan Bodewig <>:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, J. Xue <> wrote:
> > Would it make sense to have an 'optional' attribute on a fileset
> > and/or pathelement to indicate that it should be skipped if the
> > directory or file doesn't exist?
> I must have misunderstood your original request then.
> Unless you want the dir attribute to be optional, <fileset> will
> happily deal with missing directories.

I'm not the OP.  It was just a question came cross. 8-)

I guess I should have clarified that I was referring to defining a path with
pathelement or fileset.  In that case, IIRC, Ant would complain if a directory
doesn't exist.

Admitedly this did deviate from the OP a bit.  Sorry for the confusion.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message