ant-user mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: <javac srcpathref
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:21:39 GMT
> > sourcepathref The sourcepath to use, given as a reference to a path
> > defined elsewhere.
> >
> > as saying I can do <javac sourcepathref="....
> >
> > however I get an error message that srcdir needs to be set:
>
> sourcepathref corresponds to the sourcepath attribute, not to srcdir.

Thanks. I saw that in the code, but am I just being dense and missing the
distinction? Don't the two just refer to a set of directories containing the
code (one or more)? If I do <javac <src refid=X I get a compile -- *without
srcdir set*. If I do <javac srcpathref=X I don't. Ought not the later
populate the src list also?

regards

Adam