ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tolley Shorn" <Shorn.Tol...@nrm.qld.gov.au>
Subject RE: How to print out a <path > structure
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:12:48 GMT
        <property name="project.class.path.string" refid="project.class.path"/>
        <echo>project.class.path.string=${project.class.path.string}</echo>

That will work, there's one wrinkle though: the contents of the path are set the first time
you evaluate it.

If your ant tasks actually create parts of that classpath (via copying JAR files to the appropriate
locations or whatever), then if you evaluate the above snippet before you do the copying,
the path will be evaluated at that point when the jars aren't on the actual path you've specified.

I know that wasn't a very clear explanation, maybe someone else can explain it more clearly
if you don't understand what I'm talking about.
What can I say, I'd make a crappy teacher :)

Cheers,
Shorn.

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.