ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Reason" <>
Subject RE: cvs update from a distant directory?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:36:15 GMT

Thanks Antoine - I missed that.  I thought dest was for checkout only.

Just musing: would it be more consistent if the dest attribute was
called dir?  That would be in line with jar, tar and fileset.   But hey,
it's not broke.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert []
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 2:52 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: AW: cvs update from a distant directory?

the <cvs/> task has a dest attribute to tell it where files should be
checked in/out/updated locally.
You do not need to cd anywhere, and ant does not have a <cd/> task.
All you need to think about is how do you want to code the location
you want to do your cvs update.

<property "cvs.repository" location="/code/branch1/REPOSITORY"/>
<cvs dest="${cvs.repository}" .../>

should do.